Considering the international recognition ACCA has gained for itself, it is worth a slot on your career bucket list. One of the interesting facts about ACCA is that you can earn a degree in Accounting from an International University while studying ACCA.
ACCA Global recently celebrated 2 decades of partnership with Oxford Brookes University (OBU), stating that over 33 thousand students have benefited from the ACCA-BSc pathway.
WHY SHOULD I CONSIDER THE ACCA-BSc PATHWAY?
Are you wondering why you need to opt for the ACCA-BSc pathway? Below are some major reasons worth convincing you:
- The Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Applied Accounting Degree is exclusively available to ACCA students.
- ACCA-BSc pathway is a cost effective way to earn your undergraduate degree.
- ACCA Applied Knowledge & Applied Skills examinations are equivalent to Bachelor degree level.
- You will get your degree from an International University, thus more opportunities for you.
WHERE CAN I STUDY FOR ACCA-BSc?
ACCA is in partnership with Oxford Brookes University, enabling ACCA students to earn a Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Applied Accounting degree. OBU has consistently been voted as the best modern University. Studying in Oxford Brookes University gives a reassurance of Innovation, high quality education, as well as global relationships.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF STUDYING ACCA THROUGH THE ACCA-BSc ROUTE?
- IMPROVE EMPLOYABILITY: Opting for the ACCA-BSc pathway is a great way to gain 2 qualifications at once- Bachelor of Science and ACCA. This inevitably increases your chances of getting employed in world-class organizations as a top level accountant. With both qualifications, you can easily move up on the career ladder, while making you a centre of attraction for recruiters.
- SAVES TIME: The ACCA-BSc pathway is an effective way to save time and money. Imagine having to spend 4 years to get your BSc degree then another 3 years for your ACCA certification- a whopping 7 years! You can save time by bagging both ACCA and BSc(Hons) in a duration of 4 years. In fact, this pathway is great for you to easily achieve an MSc from the University of London (when you complete your strategic Professional Exams).
- WORK & STUDY OPPORTUNITY: Studying at Oxford Brookes University avails you the opportunity to earn a living through the work & study program. In fact, the study program can be an online program which provides you more time to work and afford paying your fees and bills.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCA-BSc PATHWAY?
If you are considering opting for a BSc degree in Applied Accounting while working towards your ACCA certification, you need to meet the following criteria:
- Complete all ACCA Applied Knowledge and Applied Skills exams – including taking and passing Financial Reporting (FR), Audit and Assurance (AA) and Financial Management (FM).
- Complete and pass the Oxford Brookes University Research and Analysis Project.
- Complete the ACCA Ethics and Professional Skills module according to the Research and Analysis Project submission dates.
- Be up-to-date with the payment of your ACCA subscription fees.
- Demonstrate currency of knowledge by either:
- passing your RAP within 10 years of the earliest of: the date of your first ACCA examination pass, or the date of your first ACCA exemption being granted
- passing 3 ACCA examinations (either Applied Skills or Strategic Professional) within 5 years of submission of your
- being a full member of ACCA of good standing, over 1 year of ACCA Membership (CPD and fees must be up to date)
WHO IS NOT ELIGIBLE?
ACCA members who have received exemptions from the following papers are ineligible to apply for BSc Applied Accounting in OBU:
- Financial Reporting (F7)
- Audit & Assurance (F8)
- Financial Management (F9)
ACCA offers a wide range of opportunities for you to reach your career peak faster than you can imagine. Earning an international degree is a huge milestone you can reach as a Nigerian Accountant.
Need professional guidance to pass your ACCA examinations at one sitting? Click here now.